Gum disease, also called periodontal disease, is a severe oral health disorder in the mouth caused by infected gum tissue that progresses over time. Usually, gum disease is caused by poor oral hygiene and the lack of proper cleaning customs and methods. By treating your smile right and avoiding gum disease, your smile can flourish
Create an improved oral health identity with gum disease treatments. If you are unsure if your oral health care requires gum disease care, look for the following:
– Look for gums that bleed easily or are extremely sensitive to the touch.
– Try to avoid poor oral hygiene and improper or neglected oral health care routines.
– Did you ever smoke or use drugs, both of which put you at an elevated risk for gum disease?
– Be cautious around swollen, bruised, excessively red or bleeding gums.
– Stay away from dry mouth symptoms caused by some foods and medications.
– Search for signs that your gums are reversing course and pulling away from teeth.
– Look for halitosis symptoms that keep coming back.
If you are looking to restore your gums, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. Jeffrey C. Hambleton and our team at Lawrence Periodontics, LLC. We can be reached by calling us at 785-312-3820 to book a reservation to see us at our office in Lawrence, Kansas. Come in today and improve your smile with our help.