Dr. Jeffrey C. Hambleton uses piezosurgery technology to cut bone without damaging any of your soft tissues. Piezosurgery was developed specifically for oral surgery, implantology, and periodontics in order to provide patients with a more comfortable and effective treatment. We invite you to contact Lawrence Periodontics, LLC at 785-312-3820 to learn more about piezosurgery in Lawrence, Kansas, and schedule your consultation with our caring periodontist.
Piezosurgery relies on ultrasonic vibrations to cut bone without damaging other tissues, reducing your risk of tissue and bone loss and allowing our doctor to perform your surgical procedures with increased accuracy and minimum discomfort. Piezosurgery is often used to enhance procedures such as tooth extractions, crown lengthening, ridge augmentation, and implant placements.
Benefits of piezosurgery include:
- A highly accurate treatment – piezosurgery is specific to the surgical site
- Greatly reduced risk of damage to other tissues, such as arteries, nerves, and sinus membranes
- Minimal swelling and bleeding
- Reduced pain
- Less anxiety due to the lack of traditional instruments, such as drills and burs
- Accelerating healing time during your procedure
- Less discomfort during recovery
- A highly safe treatment
For more information about piezosurgery and to make your appointment with our periodontist, please contact our office today.